5% Off

Shop by Car

 MPI dash trim to gauges?

 Created by: metalworker
Orig. Posting Date User Name Edit Date
Jun 22, 2017 08:06AM craig203329 Edited: Jun 22, 2017 08:08AM 
Jun 15, 2017 08:52AM metalworker  
Jun 15, 2017 03:12AM bikewiz Edited: Jun 15, 2017 03:17AM 
Jun 14, 2017 07:11PM Cheleker  
Jun 14, 2017 07:06PM metalworker  
   Forum Width:     Forum Type: 

 Posted: Jun 22, 2017 08:06AM
 Edited:  Jun 22, 2017 08:08AM
Total posts: 1
Last post: Jun 22, 2017
Member since:Jun 22, 2017
Hi, try a website called Somerford mini in the UK.  They have lots of ex-rover stock and plenty of genuine new dashboard rings you require.  They are about £6 each excluding shipping.  I'm in the UK and got some a few moths back.  Pretty sure they do international postage.  I've included a link below and they are part number 18


 Posted: Jun 15, 2017 08:52AM
Total posts: 2
Last post: Jun 15, 2017
Member since:Oct 25, 2011
Yup,  those are the cones i was trying to describe, George.
Seems like quite a bit of work to get a set.. but i'll keep an eye out.. still chasing the bad ground to the dash.

 Posted: Jun 15, 2017 03:12AM
 Edited:  Jun 15, 2017 03:17AM
Total posts: 526
Last post: Oct 15, 2017
Member since:May 18, 2002
The "cones" on my dash are aluminum and held in with glue, I would try The Mini Forum there may be an aftermarket source or someone who removed them from a junk yard car, so called "breakers" over there. I've never seen them offered from the usual mini parts suppliers. You could also search eBay.co.uk there's lots of classic mini stuff listed maybe you'll get lucky, this link is a listing for the whole dash.




 Posted: Jun 14, 2017 07:11PM
Total posts: 10014
Last post: Oct 21, 2017
Member since:Dec 3, 2002
Not exactly sure what you are after, but look here:  http://www.minimania.com/catPage/9-66/9/66/1/Instruments-All-2-Clock-and-PRE92-3-Clock-Clusters, and on the page after that, also, to find part numbers, at least. Whether they are still available new is another matter!

 Posted: Jun 14, 2017 07:06PM
Total posts: 2
Last post: Jun 15, 2017
Member since:Oct 25, 2011
Hello all,
  I have my dash out as i chase a bad ground.  While i'm there, I'd like to replace a trim piece that goes around each of the 3 main gauges.  It's effectively a medium brown cone that makes the transition from the flat dash face, to the clear Smithe gauge face. I can't for the life of me find the part for sale, or in any parts diagram.  anyone have a clue what i'm trying to describe?