For the following models:
2007+ R56 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Hatchback
2008+ R55 MINI Cooper and Cooper S CLUBMAN
2009+ R57 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles
To Reset Service Indicators such as the Oil Service Interval, or the Brake Wear Light, perform the following steps:
To enter the service Menu:
- Insert Key
- Do not press clutch / brake
- Press Start button
- Wait until the Car / relevant Service symbol disappears on the Rev counter display
- Immediately after the symbol goes out - Press and hold Both buttons on the Rev Counter
- Continue to hold - the system will run a dash light check
- Continue to hold
- Display will then show VIN / Menu, - continue to hold through this until the time Reappears on the display.
- Now release Only the Right hand Button (trip reset) for about a second, and then press and hold again (whilst still holding the LH button)
- After another second or 2 the display will show the Front Brake Symbol
- You Are now in the Service Menu
- Release both buttons on the Rev Counter - and complete the rest of the procedure with the BC button alone
- Use the BC Button (on indicator stalk) to scroll through to the relevant symbol - eg Oil Reset or Rear Brakes
- To Reset the warning indicator light - Press & Hold the BC Button at the relvant symbol until RESET appears - then press and hold again until the process is complete.
- Turn Off and On the Ignition again - Warning should now have gone!
Here is another procedure posted by 'A' below (Thank you A):
- Start the ignition and wait for the service info to go out.
- Then press and hold the right button.
- The first service item should appear after 10s on the display.
- Release the odo-reset button and keep the button on the light stack pressed.
- Now "reset?" should appear below the service item.
- To reset, press AND keep the indicator tack button once more.
- During this time a clock will appear. Some seconds later the procedure is complete.
- Repeat for all service items you want to reset.
Good Luck !
For Gen 1 MINIs (2002-2006 R50 & R53 Hatchbacks and 2005-2008 R52 Convertibles), see this article.