Mini Mania is pleased to offer our Austin Mini Aluminum Alloy Cylinder Head Performance Upgrade.
Complete and meticulously assembled by us, using high quality parts.
All you do is bolt it on!
- Dual Springs.
- New Valves.
- New Retainers.
- New Keepers.
- New Studs
- Special Manifold and Heater tap.
Rocker assembly not included- we suggest C-AHT446
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR ALUMINUM ALLOY HEADS:
There are several advantages inherent to an Aluminum Cylinder Head, including a great deal of weight savings and considerably improved cooling.
- Improved cooling means we now run higher compression ratios without detonation caused by localized hot spots.
- Flow has been considerably improved by reshaping the Combustion Chamber. This was made possible by relocating the spark plug and upgrading to 12mm plugs. Early tests indicate that this head right out of the box flows comparably to a Longman GT6.
- Cylinder Heads are supplied with Bronze Valve Guides and Hardened Valve Seats.
- Assembled versions have Valves, Springs and Studs installed.
- The Head is ready to fit 1.15" exhaust and 1.31" intake valves and has 23cc chambers with a thick deck to allow for plenty of skimming.
HOW DO THEY PERFORM?
How about 124 HP with SU Carburettors!
We achieved that figure, on a Mincomp Engine Dyno, when bolting this slightly modified Aluminum Cylinder Head to a 1275cc+.040 race engine.
We've increased the intake valves to 1.4" and done some very slight polishing to the casting seams. While you won't generate these numbers on a street motor, you can see that the potential is there to get maximum possible performance from any engine.
RPM HP#1 HP#2
3000 47.80 47.60
3500 56.12 56.97
4000 64.22 67.23
4500 70.31 73.30
5000 73.50 76.30
5500 72.93 79.25
6000 ---- 80.27
As you can see, the aluminum head shows a measurable power increase above 3500 RPM, and, whereas the motor would not pull beyond 5500 RPM with the stock head, with the aluminum head it pulled past 6000 RPM! Flow bench tests show the alloy head outperforms the standard at all lifts. Also, early indications are that this head responds well to mild porting above the valves.
- Standard Assembly Includes:
C-AHT345=5 Port Alloy (Aluminum) Head.
(4) 12G1322=1.15" Exhaust Valves.
(4) 12G941=1.3" Intake Valves.
(4) ADU4905=Valve Stem Seals.
(8) 88G459=Keeper Pair, 1 Groove.
C-AEA524=Dual Valve Spring Set, ST.
(8) AEA403=Dual Spring Locating Collars .
(3) CHS2515=Thermostat Studs.
(6) C-53K487=Manifold Studs.
903-0000=Retainers, Crane, Set (Alloy Top Caps)
- Uses spark plug RA8HC.