HOW TO INSTALL ROOF DECALS ON A MINI COOPER
Part Numbers starting with "NMX40"
8 Steps To Installing MINI Cooper Roof Decals
1. Wash the roof of the car with detergent and wipe dry with a soft towel.
2. Position the decal pieces on the roof and secure them with several small pieces of tape on the forward edge of the decal.
3. Carefully flip the decal forward out of the way.
4. Using a spray bottle filled with water, wet the roof.
5. Remove the bottom paper backing and position the decal. The film of water will allow you to slide the pieces into position for a short time.
6. Using a squeegee, remove excess water and any bubbles. Start at the front center of the decal and work down the center, then out to each side.
7. Allow positioned decal to bond for 10 minutes.
8. Slowly lift the top backing paper from the decal, being careful not to pull up any part of the decal from the roof. If the decal begins to pull up, reseat it with the squeegee and allow a few more minutes to bond with the roof.
Although instructions for applying roof and hood decals are essentially the same for all MINI Coops, these instructions focus on the following "NMX40" Roof and Hood Decals Fit the following MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S models:
- 2002-2006 R50 MINI Cooper and R53 Cooper S Hatchback
- 2005-2008 R52 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles