JCW R53 - lack of power / engine problem ?!!!
Total posts: 1311
Last post: Jan 4, 2019
Member since:Dec 29, 2004
Cars in Garage: 1
WorkBench Posts: 0
If the dealer is unable to find the problem, that makes it very difficult for us to make a diagnosis remotely....
Has the throttle body been tested? A defective T-body will usually throw a code, but it might be worth a look.
Bad tank of gas? On rare occasions, we have seen a car develop issues because of bad fuel.
Might be worth connecting a boost / vacuum gauge to check the pressures when the car stumbles. (even if the individual components tested okay).
Let us know what you find out.
Total posts: 1
Last post: May 10, 2018
Member since:May 10, 2018
Cars in Garage: 0
WorkBench Posts: 0
Hello everybody ,
I have a MINI COOPER S R53 , pre - facelift (04/2004) with full JCW kit fitted in 2008 ( 210 HP) .
Long story short : the car has low power and stalling on hard acceleration / for ex : in 6th gear the car is not able to pass over 4000 rpm . It feels like it has a power of a simple Cooper not even a Cooper S , like something is clogged ...
The start and the idle is perfect ! No error codes / no Check engine / no MIL etc onboard.
Until now we have checked / replaced everything on this car :
- new coil/ spark plugs
- Bypass valve ( working perfect )
- Vacuum lines in good order
- Fuel filter replaced / fuel pump and fuel manifold pressure tested and found k
- Compression test performed and found aprox same values on all 4 cylinders : 10 bars
- Catalyzer has been removed ( suspected to be clogged) and car has been tested without it - same bad running ...
- Supercharger overhauled ( replace oil and visual check ) - supercharged pressure is more than perfect
- All sensors ( MAP, TMAP , ECT , Lambda etc) shown good working / good values on tester
- The only malfunction discovered was on MAF readings ( as u know there is no MAF sensor on this car - the values are calculated according to the above sensors readings) :the values are much lower than normal. Therefore we even replace the ECU with an updated one ...without any improvement : same bad running as before ...
Presently we are out of ideas / the car is left since one week ago at BMW Dealer ...they are out of ideas too...
We are open to any ideas / advice ...