Mini Mania has available for sale a very unusual item! We have a unique Classic Mini Pick-up fiberglass body shell that is really a one-of-a-kind! The unit is supplied with doors, bonnet, tailgate, upper & lower dash rails, and inner wings. The body shell is constructed with an integral steel skeleton bonded into the body shell to incorporate the following –
• Top shock mounts internal plate for strength to support the suspension
• Top subframe mount for single-bolt (MK 4 style) integral with internal frame work
• Lower subframe mounts (in front valance and in floor by feet, but NOT drilled)
• Steering rack mounting plate (holes not drilled)
• Handbrake mounting plate(hole not cut)
• Shoulder and floor seatbelt mounts
• Central tunnel seat belt mounts
• Rear subframe front mounts (onto side impact sill runner from front to back)
• Rear subframe rear mounts onto integral frame
The fiberglass shell is constructed to have a cab that is about four inches longer than standard (with the 'bed' area correspondingly shorter, so same wheelbase and overall length). The "xtra-cab" should make it much more comfortable as the original was very tight for most drivers.
This is an opportunity to build something very unique without having to endure the finger wagging that comes with "ruining" an original. How about a Mini 4x4 truck? An electric Mini? A rear-wheel drive "Funny-car" Mini?
The shell needs some TLC to finish up some details, and repair some minor shipping damage. This is the best "scratch-and-dent" item we've had in years, maybe ever! The original price was $10,999, but someone is going to get it for a lot less!MORE Pictures can be found here!