Our suspension and drivetrain were done, so it was time to return to the arduous task of welding the body. We arbitrarily decided to work from front to rear. After fixing the cowl, we began to align and weld the front end back together.

We temporarily installed the front subframe to ensure we’d done the alignment properly. We then measured the rear of the car to make sure our body wasn’t tweaked.

    

 

The order of alignment went from inner panels to grille surround and fenders. We realized our right fender would need some repair before permanently welding it into place.

A big thanks goes out to our friend, Steve Ekerich, who was unlucky enough to drop by in the middle of our work. He helped us get everything in place, so we could properly weld the nose back together.